- Apply for a Mortgage
- Contact Us
- Mortgage News
- Library & Statistics
- Rates & Tools
- Mortgage Services
Search the Glossary
Canadian Financial, Real Estate and Mortgage Glossary
- Accredited Senior Agent (ASA) — Acronym (Accreditation)
- agency or agent (Ag) — Abbreviation (Property Listing, Classifieds)
- ➥ An individual or company appointed by the apartment to manage the building, collect rents, etc.
- agent (agt) — Definition (Property Listing, Mortgage, Insurance, Investment, Realty, Classifieds) (Investments, Mortgages, Real-estate, Insurance, Financial-banking, Abbreviation, Legal-contracts)
- A person who acts on behalf of another. In real estate, an agent is a person who conducts transactions on behalf of sellers and sometimes buyers.
- bonus to selling agent (BTSA) — Acronym (Property Listing, Realty, Classifieds)
- broker-agent — Definition (Banking, Insurance, Investment) (Investments, Insurance, Financial-banking)
- An individual, usually in the employ of an insurance company, that is licensed as both an insurance broker and agent.
- buyer agent commission (BAC) — Acronym (Property Listing, Realty, Classifieds)
- Refers to the sales commission earned by or due to the broker or agent representing the buyer in a real estate transaction.
- buyer agent showing (BAS) — Acronym (Property Listing, Realty, Classifieds)
- Refers to the showing of a real estate listing by the broker or salesperson representing a prospective buyer.
- captive agent — Definition (Insurance) (Insurance)
- An insurance agent who uses a limited number of insurance companies, or a single insurance company, when finding products for their clients.
- Certified Investment Agent Specialist (CIAS) — Acronym (Realty) (Designation)
- commission (comm) — Definition (Mortgage, Insurance, Investment, Realty, Classifieds, Property Listing, Broker) (Investments, Mortgages, Real-estate, Insurance, Financial-banking, Abbreviation)
- A fee paid to a salesperson for selling a product to a customer.
- dual agent — Definition (Realty) (Real-estate)
- A real estate agent who acts for both parties in a property sale.
- escrow agent — Definition (Banking, Contract, Mortgage, Legal, Realty) (Mortgages, Real-estate, Financial-banking, Legal-contracts)
- A neutral third party who holds the documents and money in a real-estate transfer until all conditions are met.
- exclusive agent (EA) — Acronym (Property Listing, Realty, Classifieds)
- Exclusive Buyer's Agent (EBA) — Acronym (Realty) (Designation)
- Exclusive Seller's Agent (ESA) — Acronym (Realty) (Designation)
- L'Association canadienne des agents financiers (ACAF) — Company Est.1988
- ➥ French acronym for Association of Canadian Financial Officers (ACFO).
- Licensed Real Estate Agent (LREA) — Acronym (Realty) (Designation)
- owner agent (OA) — Acronym (Property Listing, Realty, Classifieds)
- Owner Is a Licensed Real Estate Agent (OLREA) — Acronym (Property Listing, Realty) (Designation)
- Professional Real Estate Agent (PREA) — Acronym (Realty) (Designation)
- real estate agent — Definition (Realty) (Real-estate)
- A person who is licensed to represent a buyer or seller of land and the buildings and other improvements on it.
- real estate broker — Definition (Broker, Realty) (Real-estate)
- An individual who is licensed to represent a buyer or a seller of real estate and collects commissions for the work. Most brokers have agents working for them and they collect a portion of those commissions in exchange for providing office space, marketing, and other overhead.
- Registered Real Estate Agent (RREA) — Acronym (Realty) (Designation)
- Senior Right of Way Agent (SRWA) — Acronym (Realty) (Designation)
- subagent — Definition (Realty) (Real-estate)
- A real estate agent who finds a buyer for a property, and is not the property's listing agent. The subagent usually earns a portion of the commission.
Search the Glossary
- Escrow Agent
- Real Estate Broker
- Dual Agent
- Captive Agent
- Real Estate Agent
Mortgage Rates ChartYour money goes a lot further when you pay your home off with low interest rate. Make sure your mortgage isn't weighing you down with high rates and ridiculous payments. View our mortgage rates chart to find the best interest rates in Canada.
Mortgage Amortization CalculatorAn amortization is the amount of time scheduled to completely pay off a loan, and the amortization length you choose is important in shaping how much you'll end up paying for your home. While the Government of Canada's national housing agency caps the amortization period for high-ratio mortgages at 25 years, and that is the most popular amortization length in Canada, amortizations can range anywhere from 5 to 30 years for uninsured mortgages. Try our easy to use mortgage calculator to see how changing the amortization length affects your loan payments.
Apply Online and Secure the Best RateApply for a free mortgage quote today and see what one of Canada's earliest established online mortgage brokerages can do for you. Secure the lowest rates available for up to 120 days from the date of your pre-approval!