- Apply for a Mortgage
- Contact Us
- Mortgage News
- Library & Statistics
- Rates & Tools
- Mortgage Services
Search the Glossary
Canadian Financial, Real Estate and Mortgage Glossary
Mortgage Application Terms
- approval — Definition (Mortgages, Real-estate, Financial-banking)
- An assessment made by a lender of a borrower's ability to pay for a home and a confirmation of the amount the borrower may obtain.
- homeowners (HO) — Acronym
- Multiple line insurance policy covering property and liability for homeowners.
- ➥ HO stands for Home Insurance within the insurance industry.
- principal, interest, taxes, condo fees, heat (PITCH) — Acronym
- principal, interest, taxes, heat (PITH) — Acronym
- social insurance number (SIN) — Canada
- Every person who has an income or pays taxes must apply for this number, which is assigned by the Government of Canada. You must, by law, provide this number to financial institutions with which you have an interest-bearing deposit account.
- ➥ A nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits. Banks may also request your SIN for tax purposes or to verify credit checks.
Search the Glossary
Not All Brokers Offer Great RatesThe majority of brokers in Canada limit themselves to using a small network of lenders. We however, have access to dozens of lenders and the lowest mortgage rates in Canada.
Mortgage Payments CalculatorA different down payment amount can make the difference between buying a house and buying your dream house. Our mortgage calculator can show you how a change in your down payment amount can affect how much you pay in interest, either saving you thousands or giving you the room to buy that house you've always wanted.
Best Brokers, Lowest Mortgage Rates, Period.Our savvy brokers make it their mission to offer the lowest rate on the best mortgage products available in Canada. See the advantage we offer for yourself.